Salmon and cream cheese terrine recipe: a fresh and light starter for a fine food meal.
I first cooked this salmon terrine for my grandmother’s 80th birthday back in France, six year ago.
I had to cook a lunch for all my family with over 20 people. As a starter I needed a recipe:
- that I could prepare in advance
- light because the main dish was rather fat
- easy to cook because I didn’t have much time
- of course delicious and made with quality produce
- rather impressive (it was my grandmother’s 80th Birthday after all!)
Believe me, it was not that easy to find the best recipe…
But this terrine matched all my requirements and it ended up being a success.
Now I cook it when I cook a fancy diner and I want to start it with a fresh and delicious entrée.
Overall, I like this recipe very much because it is very well balanced :
- The whole terrine looks thrilling thanks to the several layers and the different colours
- The smoked salmon gives the main taste and the fineness of the dish
- The cucumber and the rocket add freshness and healthiness
- The cream cheese is here to hold all the ingredients together and give a smooth texture
- The garnishing made with the halved cherry tomato and a sprig of fresh dill finishes the terrine with a nice visual touch.
For this recipe, you will need a dessert circle. Its size will determine the size of your terrine.